Posted: January 18, 2021
Reports to: Thrift Store Manager
Location: 107 Johnson Ave, Thunder Bay
Hours: Full-time term position
Salary: To be discussed
Start Date: As soon as possible
ABOUT ADULT & TEEN CHALLENGE
Adult & Teen Challenge is a Christian discipleship program aimed at helping people who are struggling with addiction. It was founded in 1958 by the late Rev. David Wilkerson (author of The Cross & The Switchblade). There are now 1400 programs operating 125 countries, including those in Central Canada: Brandon, Winnipeg, Denare Beach & Thunder Bay. Our mission is to develop and nurture the transformation of restored individuals into useful, productive, law-abiding citizens committed to Christian faith, values and living.
Provide service to customers and clients, sort and price incoming merchandise and assist management in store operations as required. Contribute to meeting store sales, budgets and maintaining good customer relationships, ensuring stock is rotated in a timely manner.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greet and serve customers/donors in a friendly and professional matter, both on the sales floor and on phones
- Assist in keeping store tidy, clean, organized and stocked with merchandise
- Some cashier duties (including occasional deposits) as required: ensuring transactions are accurate and procedures followed
- Unload front donation bin to backroom, sorting and organizing in accordance with store procedure
- Prepare and price merchandise for sale in accordance with store procedure, meeting daily production goals
- Some light housekeeping duties as required
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation
- Friendly and polite demeanour
- Works well with others
- Honest and trustworthy
- Willingness to adhere to Adult & Teen Challenge policies and procedures
Drop off your resume in person to 107 Johnson Ave, Thunder Bay. No phone calls, please.